What exactly makes a decision ethical? The problem with ethics is that what may seem morally right (or ethical) to one person may seem appalling to another.
This course will not provide you with an easy way to solve every ethical decision you will ever have to make. It will, however, help you define your ethical framework to make solving those ethical dilemmas easier. We’ll also look at some tools that you can use when you’re faced with an ethical decision. And, we’ll look at some techniques you can use so you don’t get stuck in an ethical quandary. Best of all, we’ll look at a lot of case studies so that you can practice making decisions in a safe environment.
- Student Walk Through
- Before we begin...
- Lesson 1 - What are Ethics?
- Lesson 2 - Why Bother with Ethics?
- Lesson 3 - Kohlberg’s Six Stages
- Lesson 1 - Philosophy
- Lesson 2 - What does Ethical mean?
- Lesson 3 - Avoiding Ethical Dilemmas
- Lesson 1 - Pitfalls and Excuses
- Lesson 2 - Developing an Office Code of Ethics
- Lesson 3 - 22 Keys to an Ethical Office
- Lesson 1 - Basic Decision Making Tools
- Lesson 2 - Phases of Decision Making
- Lesson 3 - Ethical Decision Making Tools
- Lesson 1 - Dilemmas with Company Policy
- Lesson 2 - Dilemmas with Co-Workers
- Lesson 3 - Dilemmas with Clients
- Lesson 4 - Dilemmas and Supervisors
- Lesson 1 - What to Do When You Make a Mistake
- Lesson 2 - Taking Your Moral Temperature, Part Two
- Final Quiz
- More resources for you
- Before you go...